An Edmonds Kind of 4th
“An Edmonds Kind of 4th” is a GO!!!
Still a Chance to be a Sponsor
The Edmonds Chamber of Commerce is working tirelessly to try and make the 4th of July Beat Brackett 5K, the Main Parade and Fireworks show happen after all.
Fireworks are happening in the skies above Civic Field. Don’t miss this years show, it will be our biggest ever.
The Main Parade is happening!
REGISTRATION TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PARADE IS NOW CLOSED
We need help ensuring the streets are left clean after the parade! Please consider volunteering to help clean up after the parade to ensure we’re permitted to host the parade in the future. More details and to sign up: PARADE CLEAN UP VOLUNTEER
Beat Brackett 5K: NO DAY-OF REGISTRATIONS!
Get your “An Edmonds kind of 4th” off and running with the “Beat Brackett 5K”! Join other runners, walkers, kids of all ages and parents with strollers and chase ol’ man George Brackett, the founder of Edmonds, through the downtown streets to the finish line. For even more fun, decorate one of the ol’ man Brackett beards that will be distributed, and wear it during the race!
REGISTRATION TO ENTER THE BEAT BRACKETT 5K IS NOW CLOSED. NO DAY-OF REGISTRATIONS.
THE “BEAT BRACKETT 5K” FEATURES:
- Choice of LIVE or VIRTUAL participation
- Electronic timing with RFID chips for LIVE runners
- LIVE runners choice of start times beginning at 8:00am
- ol’ man Brackett joining!
- Medals for top finishers of LIVE race. *Awarded week of July 7
- Costume contest for best “4th themed” runner
- Register before May 31, 2021 to guarantee getting a shirt.
Thank you to the police officers, City of Edmonds and Town of Woodway for their efforts and work to make this run possible and safe for everyone.
We are having the fireworks show on Sunday, July 4th at 10:00 pm. The sky above Civic Field will light up like never before. To thank the community and bring back this tradition we are going BIG…. What does that mean? The show in 2019 consisted of 500 shells, this year we are shooting 900 SHELLS!!!!!!! Our biggest fireworks show ever.
**As a public safety measure, the Beat Brackett 1K and the Children’s Parade will not happen this year. As there is not yet a vaccine for children younger than 12 and those two events bring thousands of young children together, the Chamber felt it is the safest choice to wait until 2022 when there will hopefully be a vaccine for young children.
10 Things to Know Before You Go…
- Please do not place chairs on the parade route until after 6:00 pm on Saturday, July 3rd.
- Chairs and other items placed in the right-of-way along the parade route before 6:00 pm Saturday 7/3/21 will be removed by the Public Works Department. They may be retrieved during regular business hours at the Public Works Building at 7110 – 210th Street SW. 425-771-0235.
- Please refrain from chaining or otherwise attaching chairs to each other and to stationary items such as trees, sign posts, etc. This policy is to allow parade-goers to stake out their viewing places somewhat in advance, as has been the tradition, but to also avoid the safety and access concerns of lengthy sidewalk obstructions well in advance of the Fourth.
- Road closures begin at 6:00 am on July 4th, plan accordingly for driving and parking.
- Beat Brackett 5K begins at 8:00 am in City Park and runs through Woodway.
- Registration is closed and there is no in person registration option on race day this year.
- Race packets must be picked up before July 4th.
- There is no Children’s Parade this year, only the Main Parade at noon.
- Bring chairs and blankets to the Fireworks Show
- Do not bring alcohol, dogs or fireworks to Civic Playfield.
- Seating is on the north side of the park, north of the skatepark.
- A 500’ diameter firework safety zone is fenced, do not cross these barriers.
- Limited vendors at Civic Playfield include: a hot dog cart, ice cream cart & light up toy vendor.
- Fireworks are illegal in Edmonds and all Southwest Snohomish County.
- Extra enforcement and fines of $500 will be imposed for violating the firework ban.
- The recent heat wave and dry conditions make firework use even more dangerous.
- This is Edmonds largest firework show ever, don’t miss it.
- Fireworks show begin at 10:00 pm from Civic Playfield.
- Our show is normally 500 shells, this year over 900 shells will burst overhead.
- The fireworks show will be live streamed and available through www.MyEdmondsNews.com
- Please follow current CDC and Snohomish Health Department guidelines on mask wearing and social distancing.
- For Lost & Found, please report to the Chamber Office at 121 5th Ave N | 425-670-1496
- For maps, schedules, bathroom locations, road closures, check website at: www.EdmondsFourth.com or call the Log Cabin Visitors Center at 425-776-6711
- Open Mon-Fri 9:00 am-4:00 pm, Sat 10:00 am-2:00 pm
Q: How can I find out more about VOLUNTEERING?
A: It takes the whole community to help make these great events happen and we’re so grateful for our volunteers. CLICK HERE TO VIEW AND SIGN UP FOR VOLUNTEER SHIFTS
Q: Will there be Covid-19 safety measures at these events?
A: The 2021 4th of July events are planned pending the approval by Edmonds City Council AND the June 30th complete re-opening of the state, as the Governor has proclaimed. If the events are approved and that date holds true there will be NO restrictions on crowd size, mask-wearing or vaccination confirmation for events like these. The Chamber does not have the capacity to manage mass crowds, mask-wearing or vaccination confirmation. Please only attend these events if you are comfortable with these conditions.
For sponsorship opportunities please see contact the Edmonds Chamber at