Tree Lighting Ceremony
sponsored by Certa Farrish Law Group
The annual Edmonds Tree Lighting Ceremony is a heart-warming way to kick-off the holiday season. Come for the treats, singing carols and a magical visit from Santa. In the spirit of giving and community, check out the organizations gathering supplies and bring donations to support them!
|Treats, Beverages and Donation Drives at Centennial Plaza||3:00 PM|
|Program begins, Santa to follow (Download the Song Book)||4:00 PM|
|Program ends||5:00 PM|
|Masonic Lodge (515 Dayton St.) hosts an “after party”
with more treats and photos with Santa
|5:15 PM – 7:00 PM|
Q: Where is the Edmonds Tree Lighting Event?
A: Centennial Plaza – 5th Ave. N. & Bell St. in Edmonds.
Q: Which streets are closed and what time are they closed?
A: 12:00pm – 7:00pm. See map below for closed streets and location of event.
Q: Does it cost anything?
A: No, it does not cost anything to attend. A $2 suggested donation for cookies helps cover the cost of producing the event.
Q: What happens if it rains?
A: A little rain has never stopped Santa! The show will go on – make sure to dress accordingly.
Tree Lighting Emcee: Teresa Wippel – My Edmonds News
These groups are collecting items and cash donations for the populations they serve. Bring new items and cash to support your community!
Hero’s Cafe: Collecting gloves for veterans and their families in need. Men, women, kids sizes.
Kitty Korner Rescue & Lounge: Quality dry cat food & clumping kitty litter.
Clothes for Kids: Outer wear: Boys & Girls sweatshirts, sweaters, light jackets and heavy coats – sizes 6 – adult. Athletic shoes: little kid sizes 10-13; big kid sizes 1-6, Adult sizes 7+
Deadline to get your logo on the event poster is Friday, Nov. 4 at noon. Must be registered and confirmed by Alicia.
Sponsorships still gratefully accepted through Nov. 15th, your logo will just not be present on poster.
Interested in sponsoring? Contact Alicia at firstname.lastname@example.org
Need to know before dropping off a letter:
- Return address must be legible on the child’s letter to receive a response.
- Child’s name needs to be clearly printed or it will be addressed to “my dear friend”.
- Return times may vary – even by household. The volunteer elves try to respond in the order they come in, but the elves work at different paces as their own lives allow. PLEASE BE PATIENT.
- To get a child’s original letter back: include a stamped envelope with return address and a note requesting it back.
- Please note: the elves do not address a child’s gift request to respect caregiver’s choices and financial situations.
- Each elf creates a few original story templates for reply letters to get through the hundreds received. For more personalized responses kiddos can ask questions, or a caregiver can sneak in a note about what the child has done that year.
- PLEASE BE PATIENT AND PRACTICE KINDNESS: this is run entirely by volunteers who put their love and free time into making it happen. They do not get paid and do it for the love of Christmas and delight.
- The elves love seeing reaction photos/videos! When they are hundreds of letters deep it helps keep the magic alive for them too! These can be sent to email@example.com
- This is the ONLY mailbox run by the Chamber. There may be others around town, but they are not associated with the Chamber.
WHERE: 5th Ave N. & Bell St. In front of the Log Cabin Visitor’s Center in Downtown Edmonds.
DEADLINE to drop off a letter and receive a response is Thursday, Dec. 16th, which is earlier this year in anticipation of potential USPS delays. Only letters with legibly written return addresses receive replies.
About Bench & Board, the 2021 “Letters to Santa” Sponsor: This veteran and family-owned small business opened its doors in October of 2021 and is already deeply invested in the Edmonds community. Stop by their shop at 605 Main St. for stunning home goods, décor, art and gifts. Bench & Board is also supporting the Edmonds Food Bank this holiday season by donating a portion of the proceeds from sales of their hand-made holiday wreaths. Visit www.benchandboard.com
VOLUNTEER – Help distribute treats at this year’s event! CLICK HERE TO VIEW AND SIGN UP
Covid-19 Safety Rules:
As of Sept. 13, 2021 Order of the WA State Secretary of Health was issued, requiring people to wear a face covering at outdoor events attended by over 500 people. The Tree Lighting event will have more than 500 people so MASKS ARE REQUIRED FOR EVERY PERSON 5yrs & OLDER. SOURCE
Please only attend this event if you are comfortable with these conditions.
For sponsorship opportunities please see contact the Edmonds Chamber at