For any unused portion of a certificate you may at your discretion:
- Ask the customer to purchase addition merchandise or services to maximize the certificate value.
- Request the unused portion of the certificate be kept by the business as a tip/gratuity or donation.
- Issue an in-store credit for future use on a new document.
- Use another document or internal gift card to issue any credits.
- Do Not use the Edmonds Cash certificate to note an in-store credit.
- Give cash back to the customer for any unused portion of the certificate.
NOTE: Washington law allows gift certificates to be valid for life, be sure your practices regarding unused certificate values are in accordance with State law. When you validate a certificate, it validates the full amount of the certificate and you are paid on that full value.