For the first time in 8 years, the Edmonds Chamber of Commerce is seeking a new President & CEO to lead the well-respected and community-driven non-profit organization. The Chamber Board is looking to continue and build upon the great work of the current Chamber President & CEO, Greg Urban, as he is planning a move out-of-area to be closer to family.
Thanks in great part to Greg’s steady, insightful and determined leadership, the Edmonds Chamber has weathered the storm of the past several years of pandemic shutdowns and has emerged strong, as a community resource and touchstone for commerce in the City of Edmonds. The Chamber Board supports and appreciates the reason for his departure, but he will be sorely missed.
The new Chamber President & CEO will have a talented and hardworking staff to help them support our key events which help to make Edmonds, Edmonds; including 4th of July, Taste Edmonds, Halloween Trick-or-Treat, the Classic Car Show and Holiday Tree Lighting.
In addition to local event planning and management, the President & CEO’s responsibilities include engagement with local political and business leaders to ensure policies and procedures take into account the needs of businesses and to help inform Chamber members of governmental updates that may impact their business.
Greg Urban has found that the role requires a compassionate and creative leader who is able to step into the shoes of those they serve. One of the most important things he learned from his tenure in the role is that “You are always seeking a win-win and must know how and when to compromise. It’s critical to listen, ask questions, seek advice, assume nothing, and ultimately find that creative solution that is the best possible outcome for all parties.”
He will miss the people and community engagement in Edmonds the most “It has been an amazing 8+ years serving this community. Getting to know so many residents and business owners, working to advocate for their success and being a part of an organization that helps create that ‘An Edmonds Kind of Day’ feeling is so rewarding.” said Greg Urban. “Leaving my role at the Edmonds Chamber is one of the hardest decisions I’ve had to make, this community means so very much to me. The combination of a business opportunity and ability for me and my daughter to move closer to extended family in the Midwest is too good to pass up.”
Candidates may submit their cover letter, resume and references to email@example.com by June 3rd and the Chamber Board plans to begin interviews of candidates in early June. For more information on the role and how to apply, view the full job description here.
We have found that the best candidates to support our community-engaged Chamber members are often found within the Edmonds community themselves. Our hope is that someone in our community sees this article and lights up at the opportunity for a fantastic job serving one of the most generous and engaged business communities in the area.
Further details on the Edmonds Chamber of Commerce President & CEO position:
- Plan, organize, direct and control the Chamber’s services, products, economic development and public policy activities for association’s members and respond to the needs of its members.
- Develop and maintain a collaborative working relationship between the Chamber and other key business, government public policy and community organizations. Serve as the primary contact with the Mayor, City Council, City staff, and other community leaders and organizations.
- Manage the budget and fiscal operations; including but not limited to general bookkeeping, account reconciliation, AR, AP, tax filing and reporting.
- Provide leadership support to the Edmonds Chamber Foundation, a separate 501(c)(3) organization.
- Work with the board and staff to raise funds from members and outside sources. Lead in identifying and securing revenue generation opportunities that provide benefits to members and the community.
- Management over large community events and sponsorship development.
- Serve on boards/commissions to represent the Edmonds Chamber. (WCCE, Economic Development Commission)
The Chamber Board and Greg Urban are working towards a smooth transition of leadership this summer once a new President & CEO has been identified. Until then, the Chamber continues to be in the capable hands of Erica Sugg, Alicia Moreno and Greg Urban who are working to bring back all our community-building events this year.
Contact: Erika Barnett | firstname.lastname@example.org | 206-910-9185
About the Edmonds Chamber of Commerce
Our mission is to promote the economic vitality of Edmonds through advocacy, leadership, education and community-based events. The Edmonds Chamber of Commerce was chartered in 1907 and is a voluntary organization serving 400+ business and professional leaders in several neighborhoods including the Downtown, Waterfront, Perrinville, Firdale, Westgate and Highway 99 districts. The organization also serves to encourage unified public support and initiate action for the sustainability of a rich quality of life in the community, country and state. To learn more about the Edmonds Chamber of Commerce, as well as its events and programs, visit www.edmondschamber.com.