The Edmonds Chamber of Commerce has produced the 4th of July Main Parade since it’s founding in 1907!
This event is truly a reflection of the most positive aspects of “An Edmonds Kind of Day,” bringing together thousands of people of all ages and walks of life. A joyous, small town Americana vibe resonates throughout the community, invoking cherished memories for some and inspiring new ways to love this country for others.
An Edmonds Kind of 4th is an event for the community, by the community. The Edmonds Chamber of Commerce is a small, 3 staff, not-for-profit organization. The support we receive from our sponsors and parade participants is critical to our ability to produce beloved events such as An Edmonds Kind of 4th. YOU and your business, group or organization are who bring Edmonds to life. Support this event by registering as a parade participant and/or becoming a sponsor. For more information on sponsorship options, reach out to Erica Sugg: firstname.lastname@example.org | 425-670-1496.
Free to participate! Just show up at Children’s Parade Registration (Ace Hardware parking lot). Official participation ribbons for first 500 kiddos that register.
- Check-in begins at 9:30 am and ends at 11:10 am
- After registration please stay in the designated area until parade begins
- Parade starts at 11:30am at the corner of 5th & Walnut by Chase Bank
- NOT PERMITTED in the Children’s Parade staging area or route:
- Motorized/Battery-operated vehicles
Registration to participate in the 2023 parade opens March 1st. Link will be posted here.
Registrations are online only. The deadline is Monday, June 19.
Parade starts at noon – see map below.
Streets closed 6am – 4pm (see “xxx” on map below for where barricades are)
Things to Know Before You Go…
- Please do not place chairs on the parade route until after 6:00 pm on July 3rd.
- Chairs and other items placed in the right-of-way along the parade route before 6:00 pm July 3 will be removed by the Public Works Department. They may be retrieved during regular business hours at the Public Works Building at 7110 – 210th Street SW. 425-771-0235.
- Please refrain from chaining or otherwise attaching chairs to each other and to stationary items such as trees, sign posts, etc. This policy is to allow parade-goers to stake out their viewing places somewhat in advance, as has been the tradition, but to also avoid the safety and access concerns of lengthy sidewalk obstructions well in advance of the Fourth.
- Roads are closed from 6:00 am – 4:00pm on July 4th, plan accordingly for driving and parking.
- For Lost & Found, please report to the Chamber Office at 121 5th Ave N | 425-670-1496
- For maps, schedules, bathroom locations, road closures, check website at: www.EdmondsFourth.com or call the Log Cabin Visitors Center at 425-776-6711
- Typically open Mon-Fri 9:00 am-4:00 pm, Sat 10:00 am-2:00 pm
Q: How can I find out more about VOLUNTEERING?
A: It takes the whole community to help make these great events happen and we’re so grateful for our volunteers. Check back for 2023 volunteer sign-up link.