An Edmonds Kind of 4th
Tuesday, July 4, 2023
Schedule of Events:
8:00am Baby Brackett 1k
8:10am Beat Brackett 5k
11:30am Children’s Parade
12:00pm Main Parade
See maps below
The Edmonds Chamber of Commerce has produced the 4th of July Main Parade since it’s founding in 1907!
This event is truly a reflection of the most positive aspects of “An Edmonds Kind of Day,” bringing together thousands of people of all ages and walks of life. A joyous, small town Americana vibe resonates throughout the community, invoking cherished memories for some and inspiring new ways to love this country for others.
An Edmonds Kind of 4th is an event for the community, by the community. The Edmonds Chamber of Commerce is a small, 3 staff, not-for-profit organization. The support we receive from our sponsors and parade participants is critical to our ability to produce beloved events such as An Edmonds Kind of 4th. YOU and your business, group or organization are who bring Edmonds to life. Support this event by registering as a parade participant and/or becoming a sponsor. For more information on sponsorship options, reach out to Erica Sugg: email@example.com | 425-670-1496.
BABY BRACKETT 1K & BEAT BRACKETT 5K
REGISTRATIONS NOW OPEN! REGISTER HERE
Registrations are online only. Deadline is Sunday, June 26.
The Edmonds Chamber of Commerce is thrilled to again host the Beat Brackett 5K and Baby Brackett 1K.
What better way to start a day full of BBQ, apple pie and ice cream than with a little exercise and the chance to beat ol’ man Brackett? You can push to beat Brackett to the finish line or take it at an easy pace.
The 5K starts at Edmonds City Park and winds through the beautiful Town of Woodway. Attracting 400+ runners, the 5K is the perfect athletic kickoff to a full day of An Edmonds Kind of 4th excitement.
Baby Brackett 1K – $20 covers up to 4 participants | 8:00 am START
Beat Brackett 5K – LIVE – $35 each | 8:10 am START – All LIVE registrations include numbered bib with RFID timing chip. BONUS! REGISTER FOR 5K BY SUNDAY, MAY 7 TO GET A “Beat Brackett 2023” RACE SHIRT (5k only). Fee prices stay the same – shirt is a bonus for early registration.
Beat Brackett 5K – VIRTUAL – $35 each – Unable to join on race day, hate getting up early or want to just say you raced? Choose the virtual race option and pick your route, race date & time and cross your own finish line. Runners get a race shirt (if register by Sun., May 7) and numbered bib (no timing chip).
Free to participate! Just show up at Children’s Parade Registration (Ace Hardware parking lot). Official participation ribbons for first 500 kiddos that register.
- Check-in begins at 9:30 am and ends at 11:10 am
- After registration please stay in the designated area until parade begins
- Parade starts at 11:30am at the corner of 5th & Walnut by Chase Bank
- NOT PERMITTED in the Children’s Parade staging area or route:
- Motorized/Battery-operated vehicles
REGISTRATIONS TO PARTICIPATE IN PARADE NOW OPEN! For details & to register: CLICK HERE
Registrations are online only. Deadline is Sunday, June 18.
Parade starts at noon. Check in 9am – 11:15am at 7th Ave N & Glen St.
Enter 7th Ave N via Caspers St. Noted as “Local Access Only” on map below.
Streets closed 6am – 4pm (see “xxx” on map)
Things to Know Before You Go…
- Please do not place chairs on the parade route until after 6:00 pm on July 3rd.
- Chairs and other items placed in the right-of-way along the parade route before 6:00 pm July 3 will be removed by the Public Works Department. They may be retrieved during regular business hours at the Public Works Building at 7110 – 210th Street SW. 425-771-0235.
- Please refrain from chaining or otherwise attaching chairs to each other and to stationary items such as trees, sign posts, etc. This policy is to allow parade-goers to stake out their viewing places somewhat in advance, as has been the tradition, but to also avoid the safety and access concerns of lengthy sidewalk obstructions well in advance of the Fourth.
- Roads are closed from 6:00 am – 4:00pm on July 4th, plan accordingly for driving and parking.
- For Lost & Found, please report to the Chamber Office at 121 5th Ave N | 425-670-1496
- For maps, schedules, bathroom locations, road closures, check website at: www.EdmondsFourth.com or call the Log Cabin Visitors Center at 425-776-6711
- Typically open Mon-Fri 9:00 am-4:00 pm, Sat 10:00 am-2:00 pm
Q: How can I find out more about VOLUNTEERING?
A: It takes the whole community to help make these great events happen and we’re so grateful for our volunteers. Check back for 2023 volunteer sign-up link.