Thank you for your interest in volunteering with the Edmonds Chamber of Commerce! Find detailed job descriptions in the sign-up links below. Bring your friends and family and make giving back to your community a part of your play and celebrations!
Upcoming Community Events:
Edmonds 4th of July: Help with pre-event tasks and on the 4th (Beat Brackett 5k, Parade!)
Taste Edmonds: August 11 – 13 | Edmonds’ legacy music, drinks & eats event.
Sign up to receive notifications of all upcoming Chamber event volunteer opportunities: VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY MAILING LIST
Non-Event Volunteering Opportunities:
- Log Cabin Visitor’s Center: Volunteering as a “Logger” is a great way to intimately get to know the city and help others find their way around. This position is a commitment of a 3-hour shift once a week. Many Loggers have held their shifts for 5+ years and have made life-long friendships with each other. Email Alicia Moreno for more info firstname.lastname@example.org
Current vacant cabin shifts are:
- Saturday 10am-2pm (option to commit to 1-2 Saturdays/month instead of all)
Why Volunteer for the Edmonds Chamber of Commerce?
Volunteers give an organization the chance to use the financial resources that they have for the main cause. This means more money goes directly to those who need help. As a volunteer, you are a valuable gem that’s truly appreciated. Just by helping out you save an organization a fortune in fees. Giving of your time is a donation to change.
Depending on where you decide to focus your volunteering efforts, you make a real difference in the lives of those who the organization serves. These efforts build up various elements that make up an entire community. A few of these elements within a community include:
- Support families (daycare and elder care)
- Improve schools (tutoring, literacy)
- Community Health (Family and patient support and education)
- Protect animals (rescue and rehabilitation)
- Support youth (mentoring and after-school programs)
- Beautify the community (beach and park cleanups)
Volunteering helps you learn different things about people and cultures which lead to your personal and professional growth. Volunteers often discover their hidden talent and passion which directly improve their self-confidence. The community you volunteer within is also great to learn from as they are from different background with a different mindset.
As a volunteer you choose to invest your efforts into a community and the people who live in it. You’re providing a valuable service to the community and are giving back through social responsibility. If only everyone did something so selfless.
Being involved in any organization is great work experience. If you help in the administration side of things then you will no doubt learn loads about people, planning and the running of an organization. If you physically help with various projects it’s a brilliant way to get on-the-job experience, interacting with people or animals you may be interested to work with in your career at some stage.
Often volunteers decide to get involved with NGOs because they want to give back to the community they know and love. It’s also an opportunity for people to support community resources that they use themselves, or that they know makes a lot of difference to uplift a community. If an organization has helped someone that you love, then giving back in the form of volunteering is an extremely generous, thoughtful, valuable way to show appreciation.
Credit: Volunteering Solutions